[R-SIG-Mac] obsolete LaTeX software in "R CMD check" on Mac?

peter dalgaard pd@|gd @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed May 13 08:31:49 CEST 2020

You typically need to ensure that you have the right TeX installation in your PATH (and not an older one earlier in the path). You should see something like this

Peters-MacBook-Air:BUILD pd$ which pdflatex
/Library/TeX/texbin/pdflatex
Peters-MacBook-Air:BUILD pd$ pdflatex -version
pdfTeX 3.14159265-2.6-1.40.20 (TeX Live 2019)
kpathsea version 6.3.1
Peters-MacBook-Air:BUILD pd$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/gfortran/bin:/usr/local/clang8/bin:/Library/TeX/texbin:/opt/X11/bin

(Notice that if I had older TeX stuff in /usr/local, I could be in similar trouble...)

-pd