[R-SIG-Mac] obsolete LaTeX software in "R CMD check" on Mac?

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom prod@y@e@com
Wed May 13 06:15:07 CEST 2020

Hi, Ken et al.:

       Thanks for the info.  I tried to do what you suggested but still
have the problem.

       Specifically, a web search for TexLive 2020 led me to
"https://tug.org/texlive/".  That invited me to download and install
MacTex 2020 from "https://tug.org/mactex/mactex-download.html", which I
did.   Everything seemed to go smoothly, but when I ran "R CMD build
Ecfun" and "R CMD check Ecfun_0.2-4.tar.gz", I got the same error.  This
is running those commands in a Terminal.  When I invoked "r" there just
now and requested "sessionInfo()", I got the following:

R version 4.0.0 (2020-04-24)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin17.0 (64-bit)
Running under: macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Matrix products: default
BLAS:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/lib/libRblas.dylib
LAPACK:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/lib/libRlapack.dylib

locale:
[1] en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods base

[1] compiler_4.0.0

       Might you have other suggestions?

       Thanks very much for eliminating one possible source of this
problem.

       Spencer Graves