[R-SIG-Mac] Packages with updated spatial libraries.

Edzer Pebesma edzer@pebe@m@ @end|ng |rom un|-muen@ter@de
Mon Jun 22 21:34:46 CEST 2020

Dear Roy, thanks for the message. Is it possible that the sf version you
use links to an older version of GDAL/PROJ than the new rgdal does? In
other words: if you update sf from CRAN, does the error persist?

Many regards,

On 6/22/20 9:28 PM, Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal wrote:
> I installed the whole suite available through Prof. Ripley's efforts, and finally have gotten time to do extensive testing.  I just ran into a problem with code that worked previously. It doesn't break all the mapping code,  only some. The error I get is given below.  And yes I realize that this by itself it isn't much help.  It is a function calling a function in another package that causes the problem.  I am going to have to get in with the debugger and see what is actually being passed, and I will post what is going on in more detail when I figure it out.  This is more just a heads-up that the new versions can indeed break things in existing code.  This is what I was hoping to find out,  because it is going to take some time to pinpoint where.
>
> -Roy
>
>> Error in st_crs.character(comment(x)) : invalid crs: GEOGCRS["unknown",
>>     DATUM["World Geodetic System 1984",
>>         ELLIPSOID["WGS 84",6378137,298.257223563,
>>             LENGTHUNIT["metre",1]],
>>         ID["EPSG",6326]],
>>     PRIMEM["Greenwich",0,
>>         ANGLEUNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433],
>>         ID["EPSG",8901]],
>>     CS[ellipsoidal,2],
>>         AXIS["longitude",east,
>>             ORDER[1],
>>             ANGLEUNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433,
>>                 ID["EPSG",9122]]],
>>         AXIS["latitude",north,
>>             ORDER[2],
>>             ANGLEUNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433,
>>                 ID["EPSG",9122]]]]
>> In addition: Warning messages:
>> 1: In rgdal::rawTransform(projfrom, projto, nrow(xy), xy[, 1], xy[,  :
>>   Using PROJ not WKT2 strings
>> 2: In rgdal::rawTransform(projection(obj), crs, nrow(xy), xy[, 1],  :
>>   Using PROJ not WKT2 strings
>> 3: In rgdal::rawTransform(projto_int, projfrom, nrow(xy), xy[, 1],  :
>>
>>  Error in st_crs.character(comment(x)) : invalid crs: GEOGCRS["unknown",
>>     DATUM["World Geodetic System 1984",
>>         ELLIPSOID["WGS 84",6378137,298.257223563,
>>             LENGTHUNIT["metre",1]],
>>         ID["EPSG",6326]],
>>     PRIMEM["Greenwich",0,
>>         ANGLEUNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433],
>>         ID["EPSG",8901]],
>>     CS[ellipsoidal,2],
>>         AXIS["longitude",east,
>>             ORDER[1],
>>             ANGLEUNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433,
>>                 ID["EPSG",9122]]],
>>         AXIS["latitude",north,
>>             ORDER[2],
>>             ANGLEUNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433,
>>                 ID["EPSG",9122]]]]
>
> -Roy
>

>> On Jun 12, 2020, at 7:20 AM, Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal <roy.mendelssohn using noaa.gov> wrote:
>>
>> I will do the install sometime over the weekend,  and test what I have  (mainly the packages I have that use these).  Today is kind of tis up  (I mean I can do the install easily enough,  just no time to do any testing).
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Roy

> [...]

Institute for Geoinformatics
Heisenbergstrasse 2, 48149 Muenster, Germany
Phone: +49 251 8333081