[R-SIG-Mac] Problem with CHECK --as-cran on Catalina

Bob Rudis bob @end|ng |rom rud@|@
Sat Jun 6 20:37:46 CEST 2020

Does it still do it if you build a tar.tgz archive and run it on that?

I could not dup your problem, but when I tried to run it on a couple
of my packages that work fine with tar.gz (I use Authors using R) in dir (`R
CMD check --as-cran .` or parent dir and specify the pkg dir) I get:

    Required field missing or empty:
      ‘Author’

(running last R 4.0.1 beta before the release of R 4.0.1, latest
Catalina beta AND R 4.0.0 on ubuntu)

So, def something strange going on.