[R-SIG-Mac] Problem with CHECK --as-cran on Catalina
c@r| @end|ng |rom w|ttho|t@com
Sat Jun 6 18:46:45 CEST 2020
I recently upgraded to a new iMac w/ Catalina. Something really strange
is happening when I try to run "R CMD CHECK --as-cran " .
If I run it on various older packages that have previously passed the
check, all is well.
I am writing a new package, and here's the response I get:
* using log directory ‘/Users/cgw/Rgames/fitConic.Rcheck’
* using R version 4.0.0 (2020-04-24)
* using platform: x86_64-apple-darwin17.0 (64-bit)
* using session charset: UTF-8
* using option ‘--as-cran’
* checking for file ‘fitConic/DESCRIPTION’ ... OK
* this is package ‘fitConic’ version ‘1.0’
* checking CRAN incoming feasibility ...Error: file './DESCRIPTION'
does not exist
This happens whether I run R CMD CHECK from the parent dirctory
/Users/cgw/Rgames or from the source directory /Users/cgw/Rgames/fitConic .
I verified I can edit the DESCRIPTION file in my previous packages &
still pass the check. I even took one of those old DESCRIPTION files
and put it into the fitConic directory, and changed only the "Package: "
I'm guessing that last error message is not telling me what actually
went wrong, but I'm at a loss as to why this new package fails. I've
created a new directory and moved all my files (DESCRIPTION, NAMESPACE,
and the R & man folders) over. No luck.
Is this a hangup somewhere in R 4.0 for OSX, or is there something else
going on? (do I need, for example to do something to give XQuartz more
permissions, or some other called app? )
carl using witthoft.com
More information about the R-SIG-Mac