[R-SIG-Mac] [External] Catalina Crashes R

Richard M. Heiberger rmh @end|ng |rom temp|e@edu
Tue Jun 2 02:11:22 CEST 2020

My reproducible issue looked resolved (as I posted) when I upgraded to
10.15.5.

Today I found another issue, but not repeatable so I haven't
posted it yet. this is the headline:

> car::scatter3d(RRS ~ CCS + JCS,
+                data=RespJ$variables,
+                surface=FALSE, residuals=TRUE, bg="white",
+                axis.scales=TRUE, grid=TRUE, ellipsoid=FALSE,
+                  point.col="black")
error: xp_attach_gl_context returned: 2

 *** caught segfault ***
address 0x18, cause 'memory not mapped'

Traceback:
 1: rgl.open(useNULL)
 2: open3d()
 3: .check3d()
 4: rgl::next3d()
 5: scatter3d.default(X[, 2], X[, 1], X[, 3], xlab = xlab, ylab = ylab,
zlab = zlab, radius = radius, id = id, ...)
 6: scatter3d(X[, 2], X[, 1], X[, 3], xlab = xlab, ylab = ylab, zlab =
zlab,     radius = radius, id = id, ...)
 7: scatter3d.formula(RRS ~ CCS + JCS, data = RespJ$variables, surface =
FALSE,     residuals = TRUE, bg = "white", axis.scales = TRUE, grid = TRUE,
    ellipsoid = FALSE, point.col = "black")
 8: car::scatter3d(RRS ~ CCS + JCS, data = RespJ$variables, surface =
FALSE,     residuals = TRUE, bg = "white", axis.scales = TRUE, grid = TRUE,
    ellipsoid = FALSE, point.col = "black")

Possible actions:
1: abort (with core dump, if enabled)
2: normal R exit
3: exit R without saving workspace
4: exit R saving workspace
Selection: 4
Warning message:
In rgl.open(useNULL) : RGL: ERROR: can't bind glx context to window

Process R exited abnormally with code 71 at Mon Jun  1 13:53:39 2020