[R-SIG-Mac] Using R on MacOS Catalina.....

Dr Eberhard W Lisse e| @end|ng |rom ||@@e@NA
Tue Jan 28 10:18:10 CET 2020

Matthias,

A Mac with Catalina and a small hard disk?

I use the Homebrew package manager and while there is a short delay
between R and Homebrew this works out very well.  It has two options,
one with out the app, which is what I use because I for GUI I use
RStudio exclusively.

There is really no need to compile from source :-)-O XCode is huge,
though the XCode command line tools are required.

Gruss aus dem Süden :-)-O

el

On 28/01/2020 11:05, Matthias Krawutschke wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>

> I am new at this Mailinglist and I have a question about R on MacOS
> Catalina.
>
> On your Website I had found a package for R. If I want to install it
> on my MacBook – the program told me, that I can´t install the software
> on an other volume like “system”…..  That is bad, because I had a
> small Volume on my MacBook ☹
>

> If I want to compile the R-System new with GNU-C Compiler 9.2.0 – I
> can “make” the files, but “make install” return it with an ERROR.
>
> So, did you have any ideas what kind of problems that here I had?
>

> I thank you very much for your assistance and have a nice day…..
>

> Herzlichst grüßt Sie das HPC - Team
>

> Matthias Krawutschke
[...]
--
Dr. Eberhard W. Lisse   \         /      Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
el using lisse.NA             / *      | Telephone: +264 81 124 6733 (cell)