[R-SIG-Mac] Robust compiler toolchain for R-devel

Patrick Schratz p@tr|ck@@chr@tz @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Feb 18 10:43:09 CET 2020

Matthias,

Thanks for your reply.

My questions was not about how to install gcc on macOS - this is very simple using homebrew (brew install gcc). Also I am familiar with the xcode basics and so on.
Homebrew is the de-facto standard package manager on macOS - mentioning it again explicitly because I remember from one of your last posts that you were not familiar with it.

My question was rather about the reasoning for the current toolchain of CC and friends on macOS and if there could be more robust settings than using clang7.

Cheers