[R-SIG-Mac] Robust compiler toolchain for R-devel

Matthias Krawutschke kr@wut@chke @end|ng |rom un|-pot@d@m@de
Tue Feb 18 10:36:00 CET 2020

Hey Patrick,

i had the same issue /problem on my MAC.
First of all you need from Apple XCODE the Command-Line.

I find here a good instruction to do that:
https://wiki.helsinki.fi/display/HUGG/GNU+compiler+install+on+Mac+OS+X

But, I´m not sure if you can compile the GNU-C 9.x - Version.
Try it and if you have found out, how - please let me know.

Best regards….

Matthias Krawutschke, Dipl. Inf.

Universität Potsdam
ZIM - Zentrum für Informationstechnologie und Medienmanagement
Arbeitsbereich: High-Performance-Computing on Cluster - Environment

Campus Am Neuen Palais: Am Neuen Palais 10 | 14469 Potsdam
Tel: +49 331 977-4444, Fax: +49 331 977-1750