[R-SIG-Mac] Problems with R GUI and a MacBook Pro with TouchBar

Maria-Angeles Casares-de-Cal m@cdec @end|ng |rom me@com
Mon Dec 14 16:16:09 CET 2020

Thank you very much, Simon, for your information and your work.

Although the message below was not referencing the problem I had, it has been very useful for me.

The Mac R GUI: "R-GUI-7903-4.0-high-sierra-Debug" works fine now.
My problem with the R GUI (with a 16-inch MacBook Pro 2019, Big Sur 11.0.1 operating system and R 4.0.3) has disappeared. Now, I do not have any warnings.

But, there is only one thing that still does not work correctly: when using Mission Control the scrolling of the windows is slower if the R windows are "on top of the other open windows" and I want to select another window from another application that is "behind" R.

Thanks,
María-Ángeles Casares-de-Cal