[R-SIG-Mac] Follow up on R 4.0.2 GUI does not terminate with Cmd+Q

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Sun Dec 13 23:57:34 CET 2020

Petar,

thanks, that output helps. As part of the cleanup R executes a system() command which crashes, causing the hang as the GUI tries to recover from the crash, but fails.

I tried to use a different way to issue the system() command, so please try the Mac GUI rev. 7903 or higher from https://mac.R-project.org which should become available after the nightly build in the next 24h (scroll down to Mac OS X GUI and you can run it directly from the downloaded image, you don't have to install it).

Thanks,
Simon