[R-SIG-Mac] summary() suddently producing weird NULL: values for factors and character attributes

John Helly he||yj @end|ng |rom uc@d@edu
Mon Dec 14 00:31:41 CET 2020

Aloha.

For the past few weeks, maybe 6 or more, I've been getting strange
results from the summary() function for data.frames.  Has anyone else
noticed something like this?  I don't think I've done anything to cause
this but cannot find anything to attribute it to.  Example below.  It
lists every row as a value in the data frame attribute DAUCO.  Similar
behavior found with other read.table results using syntax below.

PRISM        =
read.table(PRISM_INPUT,header=TRUE,stringsAsFactors=TRUE,sep=',',
colClasses=c('character','numeric','numeric','numeric','numeric','numeric'))

P2 is a subset of PRISM.

J.

--

John Helly, University of California, San Diego / San Diego Supercomputer Center / Scripps Institution of Oceanography / 760 840 8660 mobile / http://www.sdsc.edu/~hellyj