[R-SIG-Mac] Linking R 4.0 to an alternative BLAS

Braun, Michael br@unm @end|ng |rom m@||@@mu@edu
Wed Apr 29 19:11:44 CEST 2020

Under R 3.6.3 and earlier, I would link R to an alternative BLAS. Following R for Mac FAQ, Sec. 10.5, I would redirect the symbolic link $R_HOME/lib/libRblas.dylib to point to whichever BLAS  I wanted to use, (either vecLib or Intel MKL) instead of the reference BLAS at libRblas.0.dylib.

With the R 4.0.0 precompiled binaries from CRAN, under $R_HOME/lib,  libRblas.dylib is the reference BLAS itself, and there is no libRblas.0.dylib file.  Is this by design?  Is there an officially recommended alternative?

Thanks,

MB

Michael Braun
Associate Professor of Marketing, and