[R-SIG-Mac] R CMD check warning in 4.0.0 RC

Mon Apr 20 17:51:59 CEST 2020

I've just installed R version 4.0.0 RC (2020-04-18 r78249) and am
checking a package on MacOS High Sierra (10.13.6).  I can't install the
recommended version of Xcode on this MacOS version.  I'm currently using
Xcode 9.2.  (I think Xcode 10.x is supposed to work on High Sierra, but
it isn't obvious how to update.)

My package has a small amount of C code, and R CMD check is clean, but R
CMD check --as-cran gives this NOTE:

* checking compilation flags used ... NOTE
Compilation used the following non-portable flag(s):
   ‘-mmacosx-version-min=10.13’

I didn't supply that, it's the default, so probably this note should not
appear (even though the message is true).

Duncan Murdoch