[R-SIG-Mac] Problem with R commander installation under MAC OX 10.10

Fox, John jfox @ending from mcm@@ter@c@
Sun Nov 25 00:08:29 CET 2018

Dear Fran,

Please include the R-SIG-Mac list in a discussion started on the list.

> On Nov 24, 2018, at 3:16 PM, FRANCISCO JOSE OTERO FERRER <fran.otero using fpct.ulpgc.es> wrote:
>
> Dear John,
>
> thanks again. I had tried “R CMD INSTALL”:
>
> MacBook-Pro-de-Francisco-2:~ franciscooteroferrer$ R CMD INSTALL Rcmdr_2.2-5.tar.gz
> Warning: invalid package ‘Rcmdr_2.2-5.tar.gz’
> Error: ERROR: no packages specified
>
> but again did not work…

You may have picked the wrong version of the Rcmdr package for your R version, the file may have been corrupted, or may be in the wrong directory.

> I will probably update my MAC OS version and install the last R Commander. It would be better.

Yes, that’s a much better idea, and it’s generally a good idea to keep software up to date.

Best,
 John