[R-SIG-Mac] Problem with R commander installation under MAC OX 10.10

Fox, John jfox @ending from mcm@@ter@c@
Sat Nov 24 16:55:37 CET 2018

Dear Fran,

To elaborate slightly, old sources for the Rcmdr package (and all other CRAN packages) are available on CRAN. The old-package archive for the Rcmdr is at <https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/Rcmdr/>.

You can download the source package for an older version of the Rcmdr and install it in a macOS terminal window from the directory where you put the file, via the command R CMD INSTALL Rcmdr_x.y-z.tar.gz (where x, y, z correspond to the version that you downloaded).

This should work because the Rcmdr package includes no compiled code but you may encounter problems: The Rcmdr package depends on many other packages and some of these may also be unavailable in their current versions for your version of macOS or may be incompatible with the older version of the Rcmdr that you install.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox
Professor Emeritus