[R-SIG-Mac] Issues with rj (requirement for StatET) since Mojave/3.5.1 update

Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal roy@mendel@@ohn @ending from no@@@gov
Fri Nov 16 20:32:55 CET 2018

Check that you have the latest version of the clang compiler from the r-mac site.  I believe the present version supports -fopenmp, previous version did not.  If not,  I can point you to a different link to download the compiler, but I think using the officially approved versions the cleanest solution.

HTH,

-Roy

> On Nov 16, 2018, at 11:10 AM, Jonathan Greenberg <jgreenberg using unr.edu> wrote:
>
> I'm hoping to get some insight into seeing if I can get "rj" working again in Mojave/R 3.5.1 -- this is a requirements for the Eclipse interface to R "Stat-ET") -- I'm seeing similar issues when trying to get rJava working also from source, e.g.:
>
> Rscript -e 'install.packages("rJava", repos="http://rforge.net", type="source")'
>
> and
>
> install.packages(c("rj", "rj.gd<http://rj.gd>"), repos="http://download.walware.de/rj-2.1",type="source")
>
> All issues lead to:
>
> "clang: error: unsupported option '-fopenmp'"
>
> I've installed clang6 and gfortran61 from CRAN, but that doesn't seem to work.  I've tried tweaking the ~/.R/Makevars, e.g.:
>
> FLIBS=-L/usr/local/gfortran/lib -lgfortran -lquadmath -lm
> CC=/usr/local/clang6/bin/clang
> CXX=/usr/local/clang6/bin/clang++
> CXX1X=/usr/local/clang6/bin/clang++
> CXX98=/usr/local/clang6/bin/clang++
> CXX11=/usr/local/clang6/bin/clang++
> CXX14=/usr/local/clang6/bin/clang++
> CXX17=/usr/local/clang6/bin/clang++
> LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/clang6/lib
>
> Which only results in a different error:
> ld: warning: text-based stub file /System/Library/Frameworks//JavaVM.framework/JavaVM.tbd and library file /System/Library/Frameworks//JavaVM.framework/JavaVM are out of sync. Falling back to library file for linking.
> ld: library not found for -lomp
>
> Any ideas?
> Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD
> Randall Endowed Professor and Associate Professor of Remote Sensing
> Global Environmental Analysis and Remote Sensing (GEARS) Laboratory
> Natural Resources & Environmental Science
> University of Nevada, Reno
> 1664 N Virginia St MS/0186
> Reno, NV 89557
> Phone: 415-763-5476
> http://www.unr.edu/nres
> Gchat: jgrn307 using gmail.com<mailto:jgrn307 using gmail.com>, Skype: jgrn3007
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

**********************
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn