[R-SIG-Mac] RGtk2 binaries

Tom Elliott tom@elliott @ending from @uckl@nd@@c@nz
Wed May 23 05:07:25 CEST 2018

Hi all,

Since R 3.4, the mac package binaries for RGtk2 have been unavailable. The install log from CRAN shows GTK cannot be found.

* installing *source* package 'RGtk2' ...
** package 'RGtk2' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
checking for INTROSPECTION... no
checking for GTK... no
configure: error: GTK version 2.8.0 required
ERROR: configuration failed for package 'RGtk2'
* removing '/Volumes/SSD-Data/Builds/R-dev-web/QA/Simon/packages/el-capitan-x86_64/results/3.5/RGtk2.Rcheck/RGtk2'

Is there any possibility of this being fixed in the (near) future? We have a software package that depends on RGtk2 for the UI, so we are currently stuck forcing them to use R3.2 which is inevitably becoming obsolete as other packages we use require more up-to-date versions of R.

Thanks,

- Tom?