[R-SIG-Mac] command line buffer retains CR

Robert Almgren r@lmgren @ending from qu@ntit@tivebroker@@com
Sun Apr 8 21:44:14 CEST 2018

I have had a minor but annoying problem with the Mac GUI that started with R version 3.4.3. I am using latest versions of everything:  R 3.4.4, MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4, all packages fully updated, etc.

The command line history retains the carriage return at the end of the line. Since you have to enter a new carriage return to send the command, the stored command lengthens by one return every time you repeat it. So your key pattern has to be Ctrl-p or up-arrow to repeat the command, immediately followed by Delete to remove the final carriage return, followed by editing of the line if that is what you want.

As I say, minor but annoying, and this behavior started with R 3.4.3 and persisted in R 3.4.4. As best as I recall, nothing changed in the OS around then so it seems to be an R issue. I would be very grateful for suggestions of how to mitigate it, or if there is any proposed fix.

                                             --Robert Almgren
--
Quantitative Brokers         http://www.quantitativebrokers.com

--

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments=...{{dropped:23}}