[R-SIG-Mac] R and Java 10 ➜ rJava not able to build

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Apr 4 16:39:43 CEST 2018

Luis,

> On Apr 4, 2018, at 10:14 AM, Luis Puerto <luiss.puerto at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Simon!
>
> Thanks a lot for the really quick update. I installed the package from source and now works perfectly, builds and can be use in R with other packages, like xlsx.
>
> I configured java without invoking root privileges.

Great, thanks - I think I'll push the new version out pretty soon.

> I know that the Homebrew users are more or less in our own, but I think there is nothing wrong in ask since probably the problem isn’t cause by the Homebrew install. Finally, Homebrew is just a way to install R from source.

Yes, sure, but there used to be issues with the Homebrew toolchain that caused a lot of trouble that didn't exist in the official R so all I'm saying is that your mileage may vary. I think the situation is improving as more people familiar with R are entering the HB community, but it used to be pretty bad hence my disclaimer :).

Thanks,
Simon