[R-SIG-Mac] rJava stops loading since I upgraded R to 3.4.0

Christofer Bogaso bogaso.christofer at gmail.com
Wed May 24 01:44:58 CEST 2017

Hi David,

The file 'rJava.so' exists in my machine :

> file.exists('/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/rJava/libs/rJava.so')

[1] TRUE

Also the Javac version that I have :

> system('javac -version')

javac 1.6.0_65

Looks like mine is older than you. Do I need to download the latest?
In that case, do you suggest any link? As far as I know, javac comes
with Mac installed.

On Peter's suggestion I also did sudo R CMD javareconf. However still
rJava couldnt be loaded.

Any other idea? Thanks,