[R-SIG-Mac] istate CRAN mirror not working - unable to use .Rprofile to change

Michael Hall mik3hall at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 23:50:41 CEST 2017

> On Jun 8, 2017, at 5:53 AM, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If you are using R.app, you can also set the mirror in the Preferences menu.  Perhaps this setting overrides the .Rprofile setting.

I was using the app and wasn’t aware of the preference, so thanks.

There was no .Rprofile before I added one.

I wasn’t sure what the app was basing this on. I didn’t see a Rprofile. <http://rprofile.info/>site anywhere in the framework either. Just a csv file that seemed to include all the mirrors turned up in a search.

Whether or not being unable to do this with .Rprofile is a concern I don’t know. Looking again at help(Startup) it shows doing this as an example for Rprofile.site and not .Rprofile. I haven’t tried with .Rprofile.site.
But I can’t exactly say it is documented that this should work. Although you might assume that you should be able to do in .Rprofile whatever might be done in Rprofile.site.

But again, for my purposes yes, the preference is fine to change the default mirror and get me working normally. Thanks again.

I am still a little curious if there are any thoughts on why the iastate mirror stopped working?