[R-SIG-Mac] Serious R problem

Kirk Steyer kirklucy at mac.com
Fri Jan 20 15:38:33 CET 2017

R version [R.app GUI 1.69 (7311) x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0]

Running on macOS Sierra 10.12.2 (16C67)

See attached screen capture

When ever R quits unexpectedly, when relaunching R, R reopens all the last files, then I get the spinning ball of death. After several times of relaunching,  sometime it helps to delete the "org.R-project.R.plist" in the Preference directory I am able to finally execute option 1 "abort with core dump" before the spinning ball of death.  There are many reasons why R some time gives me a spinning ball of death, selecting a file in Finder when trying to save a editor file, or selecting a file in Finder when saving a graphic plot, or trying to select a different directory in Finder when trying to save a file.

Please advise R is one of my favorite platforms to use.

Thanks

Kirk Steyer
Principal Engineer
Pharmaceutical & Medical Devices