[R-SIG-Mac] Feature request: install R in ~/Library/Frameworks

Gábor Csárdi csardi.gabor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 09:46:34 CET 2017

Hi all,

I realize that this is not the typical use case on macOS, but for my work,
it would be great to be able to install R into ~/Library/Frameworks.

This would allow having different R versions for different users.

I am not sure how difficult this would be to implement. I can see that some
paths in scripts and makefiles are hardwired to /Library/Frameworks. Is
there anything more, perhaps in the binaries as well?

Best,
Gabor