[R-SIG-Mac] bug on Rcmdr Mac OS X

Fox, John jfox at mcmaster.ca
Sat Dec 30 01:34:43 CET 2017

Dear Frédéric Pamoukdjian,

This problem results from the failure of the RcmdrMisc package to load, produced by an incompatibility with version 4.1-0 of the Hmisc package, which was briefly on CRAN, but then withdrawn and reverted to version 4.0-3. The macOS binary of the Hmisc package is still at version 4.1-0, however, producing the problem.

You have the following options:

(1) If you have the necessary tools, install Hmisc from the sources on CRAN, e.g., via the command install.packages("Hmisc", type="source") .

(2) Wait until the macOS binary for Hmisc on CRAN catches up with the source package and then install the binary, install.packages("Hmisc").

(3) Be even more patient, and wait until an updated version of Hmisc (either version 4.1-0 resubmitted or 4.1-1) appears on CRAN, and install it along with what will be the compatible version 1.0-7 of the RcmdrMisc package, which I've already submitted to CRAN, to be released when the new Hmisc appears.

I hope that this helps,
 John

John Fox, Professor Emeritus
McMaster University