[R-SIG-Mac] Fortran on MacOS Sierra

Bob Rudis bob at rud.is
Fri Sep 30 13:26:02 CEST 2016

Coudert's packages are unsigned which seems like a significant oversight
and a CRAN manual entry recommending installing unsigned binaries does not
sit well with me and may not work in the next macOS release.

Ken: to avoid you having to dig you need to download <
http://coudert.name/software/gfortran-6.1-ElCapitan.dmg> and install it,
overriding the security warning (ugh).

You then need to add this to your ~/.R/Makevars (or to the site one)

F77 = /usr/local/gfortran/bin/gfortran
FC = /usr/local/gfortran/bin/gfortran
FLIBS = -L/usr/local/gfortran/lib/gcc/x86_64-apple-darwin15/6.1.0
-L/usr/local/gfortran/lib -lgfortran -lquadmath -lm

You'll still get the massive amount of warnings (they aren't harmful) but
the pkg will compile/install from source.