[R-SIG-Mac] R package

Kodalore Vijayan, Vineetha W vwkv13 at mun.ca
Tue Oct 25 00:25:32 CEST 2016

Hello,

I have an issue on Mac OS ElCapitan ( just now upgraded to sierra) with
Xcode 7 and gfortran 6.1 ( downloaded from
https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries. ).  I'm developing an R package
and wants to make it portable.

The package was working fine until October 18th along with a Makevar file
created under ~/.R. The Makevar file contains :
F77 = gfortran
FC = gfortran
FLIBS = -L/usr/local/gfortran/lib

(Please refer:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40092423/r-package-with-fortran-source-code-how-to-make-makevars-file-under-pkgname-s/40127535#40127535
).

But now when I run R CMD CHECK on my system, its throws the
following error:

* installing *source* package ‘EpiILM’ ...
** libs
gfortran-4.8  -fPIC -Wall -g -O2  -c  Edata.f95 -o Edata.o
make: gfortran-4.8: No such file or directory
make: *** [Edata.o] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘EpiILM’
* removing ‘/Users/Vineetha/Desktop/EpiILM.Rcheck/EpiILM’

Basically, my Makevar file is not resolving the issue now.  Any help would
be appreciated.

Thanks,
Vineetha