[R-SIG-Mac] R segfault at startup, causing R crash

Bryan Hanson hanson at depauw.edu
Sat Nov 5 16:47:52 CET 2016

No problem, glad to try to help.

There probably isn’t a problem with R.gui itself (when you “run R” on a Mac by clicking the icon you are causing your computer to actually run the R.gui which in turn is running R under the hood).

So if the problem re-occurs, note the name of the most recent file (it probably was opened when you launched R prior to R faulting).  Then find that file and change the extension (temporarily).  Then try to launch R again and I expect it will not have a problem.

Bryan