[R-SIG-Mac] R segfault at startup, causing R crash

C W tmrsg11 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 16:43:44 CET 2016

Hi Bryan,

I appreciate your detailed explanation.  I am not an R expert, I do not
know how to fix the R.gui you mentioned.

I kept on opening and closing R, after a dozen tries, the error went away
temporarily.  I still get the error, but it was not every time.

Since then, I have upgraded to R version 3.3.2 (2016-10-31).

I think this problem may come back, please let me know when you find a
solution.  Thank you!