[R-SIG-Mac] Writing R package that calls Fortran on Mac os X El Capitan Error

Kodalore Vijayan, Vineetha W vwkv13 at mun.ca
Thu Jun 16 22:00:09 CEST 2016

I'm trying to write an R package that calls a Fortran subroutine on my  Mac
os x El Capitan with Xcode 7 and gfortran 6.1, R 3.3.0.

I couldn't  build the library with my current namespace commands.
I get the following error:

* installing *source* package ‘Nepidemic’ ...
** libs
gfortran  -fPIC -Wall -g -O2  -c  randomepi.f95 -o randomepi.o
gfortran -dynamiclib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -undefined
dynamic_lookup -single_module -multiply_defined suppress
-L/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/lib -L/usr/local/lib -o
Nepidemic.so randomepi.o -F/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/.. -framework R
-Wl,-framework -Wl,CoreFoundation
installing to
/Users/Vineetha/myrlibrary/myrpackages/Nepidemic.Rcheck/Nepidemic/libs
** R
** preparing package for lazy loading
** help
*** installing help indices
** building package indices
** testing if installed package can be loaded
Error in library.dynam(lib, package, package.lib) :
  shared object ‘randomepi.so’ not found
Error: loading failed
Execution halted
ERROR: loading failed
* removing
‘/Users/Vineetha/myrlibrary/myrpackages/Nepidemic.Rcheck/Nepidemic’

My package name is "NEpidemic" and source code file in src folder is
"randomepi.f95"

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm vey new to both R
and Fortran coding, especially in package building.

Thanks in advance!
Vineetha