[R-SIG-Mac] R GUI memory leak

Phoebe Lin lmsphoebe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 10:50:57 CEST 2016

Hi,

I wrote a 76-line script to process 15,000 text files in batches of 1,000.
The script worked wonderfully on R GUI yesterday, but this morning R GUI
wouldn't even start up.
OSX's Activity Monitor indicates that R GUI uses 63GB of memory. That is
probably why OSX paused the app. I tried several methods in the hope of
fixing the problem, including throughly uninstalling R and RStudio using
CleanMyMac, resetting SMC and PRAM. When I re-installed R GUI, the memory
leak (?) is still there. R GUI still occupies 63GB. Can anyone please help?

My laptop: MacBook Pro (Retina, Early 2015) running OSX El Capitan, 3.1GHz
Intel Core i7 with 16GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Many thanks.