[R-SIG-Mac] Problem running TOBIT for R 3.2 at SPSS 24 Interface MAC Sierra 10.12.1

Andreas Schröder andreas.j.schroeder at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 10:34:20 CET 2016

Dear R-SIG-Mac members,

This is my first post and I would like to thank you first of all for helping out fellow users of R!

I am currently doing my master thesis and struggle with making the TOBIT regression run on my SPSS 24, operated with Mac (OS Sierra 10.12.1).

I use SPSS 24 and have the installer plugin-in for R successfully  installed. I installed the correct R version 3.2 and also XQuartz but if I try to execute the TOBIT regression (I can choose it in my SPSS menu now) I get constantly dialogues showing that certain packages would be missing (CAR, AED etc.). (Pic 1). Apparently, those packages have been added later to R (higher r version than the one mandated by my spss 24 version). I downloaded the versions R 3.2.5 that is referred to in the first picture but once I try installing it, I get displayed another error message by SPSS that the version of R was incorrect. Also manually installing the AER package on R 3.2. did not work for me because I do not know where to find and executable file within the AER package. (Pic 3)

I already spent yesterday and partly the day before to find my mistake but I couldn’t resolve the issue.
I am glad to receive any kind of input!

Best,

Andreas