[R-SIG-Mac] Update underlying SQLite for RSQLite

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Sep 27 11:26:27 CEST 2015

Those instructions are for updating the source package.  As RSQLite
always uses the version of SQLite included in its sources, installing
another version will not help!  You need to update the source package
and then install it (which inter alia involves compiling the SQLite it
contains).

The current sources are

http://www.sqlite.org/2015/sqlite-amalgamation-3081101.zip

and those instructions are not right, as that needs to be extracted to
RSQLite/src/sqlite, not RSQLite/src .

You can use something like

curl -O http://www.sqlite.org/2015/sqlite-amalgamation-3081101.zip
tar xvf .../RSQLite_1.0.0.tar.gz
pushd RSQLite/src/sqlite
unzip -j ../../../sqlite-amalgamation-3081101.zip
rm shell.c
popd
R CMD INSTALL RSQLite

Works for me ....