[R-SIG-Mac] Update underlying SQLite for RSQLite

Merton Lister mrtnlstr at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 02:02:15 CEST 2015

Hello,

I've just installed R on my mac and installed some packages, but I have a
couple of questions regarding updating a package.

I've found some instructions on how to update version of SQLite here:
https://github.com/rstats-db/RSQLite#update-version-of-sqlite.

However, it is unclear to me how this will actually update the underlying
SQLite engine used by RSQLite. If I execute the listed commands in R
console, it seems that all they do is to download the a version of SQLite
source code, and extract the files into 'src/' minus the 'shell.c' file.

I have two questions: 1. where exactly is this 'src/' directory? (is it
specifically for RSQLite only?) 2. After extracting the source files, don't
we need to compile them into RSQLite?

Best,
Merton