[R-SIG-Mac] "gsl" does not seem to find installed GSL

Marius Hofert marius.hofert at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Oct 22 12:53:37 CEST 2015

Hi Kjell,

That worked, thanks a lot. I now also understand the solution on
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24781125/installing-r-gsl-package-on-mac#_=_
better. So this also solved the problem for me (which shortens your
approach):

1) Run:
   gsl-config  --cflags # => -I/usr/local/include
   gsl-config  --libs # => -L/usr/local/lib -lgsl -lgslcblas
2) Start R with these flags:
   CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -lgsl -lgslcblas" R
3) install.packages("gsl") # now works

What also worked is simply taking the binaries for 10.9.

Cheers (and greetings to everyone!),
Marius