[R-SIG-Mac] R.app GUI under El Capitan: No response or "CGContextGetCTM: invalid context 0x0"

peter dalgaard PDalgd at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 18:38:57 CET 2015

On 12 Nov 2015, at 17:56 , Ünlü, Ali <ali.uenlue at tum.de> wrote:

> Nov 11 20:31:17  R[730] <Error>: CGContextGetCTM: invalid context 0x0. If
> you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE
> environmental variable.

I think we'd like to see the backtrace. Could you try setting the variable?

(Presumably, starting a Terminal and doing

CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE=yes open -a R.app

will do it. Otherwise someone here will probably tell us both how it should be done.)

There have been several reports of problems already with Yosemite, but noone have given us any clues to follow up on, and none of the developers were seeing the problem. This one sounds like it could give us a chance. Maybe...

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com