[R-SIG-Mac] latex errors, Rd problems

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Mar 21 14:09:42 CET 2015

On 21/03/2015 12:38, Adrian Dușa wrote:
> [...]
> * using log directory ‘/Users/dusadrian/DDIwR.Rcheck’
> * using R version 3.1.3 (2015-03-09)
> * using platform: x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0 (64-bit)
> * using session charset: UTF-8
> * using option ‘--as-cran’
> * checking for file ‘DDIwR/DESCRIPTION’ ... OK
> * this is package ‘DDIwR’ version ‘0.2-5’
> * checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... Note_to_CRAN_maintainers
> Maintainer: ‘Adrian Dusa <dusa.adrian at unibuc.ro
> <mailto:dusa.adrian at unibuc.ro>>’
> * checking package namespace information ... OK
> * checking package dependencies ... OK
> * checking if this is a source package ... OK
> * checking if there is a namespace ... OK
> * checking for executable files ... OK
> * checking for hidden files and directories ... OK
> * checking for portable file names ... OK
> * checking for sufficient/correct file permissions ... OK
> * checking whether package ‘DDIwR’ can be installed ... OK
> * checking installed package size ... OK
> * checking package directory ... OK
> * checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
> * checking top-level files ... OK
> * checking for left-over files ... OK
> * checking index information ... OK
> * checking package subdirectories ... OK
> * checking R files for non-ASCII characters ... OK
> * checking R files for syntax errors ... OK
> * checking whether the package can be loaded ... OK
> * checking whether the package can be loaded with stated dependencies ... OK
> * checking whether the package can be unloaded cleanly ... OK
> * checking whether the namespace can be loaded with stated dependencies
> ... OK
> * checking whether the namespace can be unloaded cleanly ... OK
> * checking loading without being on the library search path ... OK
> * checking dependencies in R code ... OK
> * checking S3 generic/method consistency ... OK
> * checking replacement functions ... OK
> * checking foreign function calls ... OK
> * checking R code for possible problems ... OK
> * checking Rd files ... OK
> * checking Rd metadata ... OK
> * checking Rd line widths ... OK
> * checking Rd cross-references ... OK
> * checking for missing documentation entries ... OK
> * checking for code/documentation mismatches ... OK
> * checking Rd \usage sections ... OK
> * checking Rd contents ... OK
> * checking for unstated dependencies in examples ... OK
> * checking contents of ‘data’ directory ... OK
> * checking data for non-ASCII characters ... OK
> * checking data for ASCII and uncompressed saves ... OK
> * checking examples ... OK
> * checking PDF version of manual ... WARNING
> LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.
> This typically indicates Rd problems.
> * checking PDF version of manual without hyperrefs or index ... OK
> * DONE
>
> WARNING: There was 1 warning.
> See
>    ‘/Users/dusadrian/DDIwR.Rcheck/00check.log’
> for details.
>

> There is nothing more in the 00check.log file, just indicating Rd problems.

There usually is, and the absence indicates no latex log was found.

So the next step is to run R CMD Rd2pdf --no-clean on the unpacked
package sources and look at the logs in its check directory.  You may
need to run texi2dvi -D --pdf on the .tex file produced there.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
1 South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3TG, UK