[R-SIG-Mac] R.app Packages file to load: Cannot find library objects

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Jun 19 22:10:10 CEST 2015

If you installed the frameworks version of R 3.2, then R should be looking for the package library in

   /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.2/Resources/

How did you migrate you packages to 3.2. The usual method is to make copies and move them to the 3.2 .../library/ directory and then execute:

   update.packages(checkBuilt-TRUE, # and I usually need to do this because I have a lot of packages
                   ask=FALSE)  # the default is TRUE

What does this show?

   .libPaths()

It should show at least this:

1] "/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.2/Resources/library"

... but if you have a User/.../library then that will also appear