[R-SIG-Mac] R.app Packages file to load: Cannot find library objects

Gregory Sawyer gdsawyer at greatergood.com
Fri Jun 19 20:20:23 CEST 2015

Hello,

I’m having a problem with R 3.2 on the Mac under R.app, and the Internets have failed to provide an answer, so I was wondering if there might be someone here that can help me.

Whenever I try to load a package I get the following error:

> library(dplyr)
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
  unable to load shared object '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/PackageLib/dplyr/libs/dplyr.so':
  dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/PackageLib/dplyr/libs/dplyr.so, 6): Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.1/Resources/lib/libR.dylib
  Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/PackageLib/dplyr/libs/dplyr.so
  Reason: image not found
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘dplyr’

(1)	The specific library referenced in the dlopen() function may differ — here it is libR.dylib, but for markovchain it’s libgfortran.

(2)	I’m running (just installed) R 3.2.1 World Famous Astronaut, but this happened with 3.2.0 as well;
		Mac OS 10.10.3
		32 GB Core

(3)	This only happens using R.app.  Everything works fine when I fire up R in R-Studio or at the command line.

(4)	I have noted that it seems to be trying to access the 3.1 Resources.  There are some 3.1 things out in /Library/Frameworks/R.framework, but all the major directories, particularly those that are links, appear to be pointing to 3.2.  I don’t know how to tell R.app that we’ve moved on in life and need to be looking in the new neighborhood.

Thanks,

—Gregory

Gregory D. Sawyer
Sr. Data Architect (Business Intelligence)
GreaterGood.com <http://greatergood.com/>