[R-SIG-Mac] R 3.2.0 Mavericks/Yosemite: help.search showing error

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 21:26:19 CEST 2015

> On 14 Jun 2015, at 20:26 , Berend Hasselman <bhh at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>

> It says R-devel version 3.2.1 RC. Development version.
> Wouldn’t/Shouldn't that be 3.3.0  especially since it is trying to find resources for 3.3.0?
>
> I’m using R-3.2-branch: version 3.2.1 RC.
> which is the upcoming R 3.2.1 AFAICT and I have assumed.
>
> Berend

Yes, that is the way it is supposed to work. 3-2-branch moves through the sequence

3.2.0 alpha
3.2.0 beta
3.2.0 RC
3.2.0
3.2.0 Patched
3.2.1 beta
3.2.1 RC
3.2.1
3.2.1 Patched
<etc>

whereas R-devel should stick at

3.3.0 Under development (unstable)

until it is time for 3-3-branch, at which point it changes to 3.4.0 Under development, etc.

How R-devel ended up listing as 3.2.1 RC is hard to tell, but presumably it is a local error at r.research.att.com (there seems to be no issue with the present sources in SVN).

Notice that 3.2.0 Patched disappears when 3.2.1 prereleases start. There seems to be no backlog of builds of 3.2.0 Patched, but there would be little point in looking for one. 3.2.1 is really just a formal release of patches-to-date.

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com