[R-SIG-Mac] Removing (completely) TCl/Tk

Federico Calboli federico.calboli at helsinki.fi
Wed Dec 9 17:50:14 CET 2015

> On 9 Dec 2015, at 18:40, Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> On 09/12/2015 16:12, Federico Calboli wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have TCL/Tk installed from the latest DMG image for R 3.2.2 I will upgrade to R 3.2.3 as soon as the DMG is available).  I’d like to *completely remove* Tcl/Tk as installed by the DMG image.  I can get a list of files from:
>>
>> pkgutil --files org.r-project.x86_64.tcltk.x11
>>
>> but the list is long it it looks like it is going to be tedious to remove all the files one by one (I could remove the directories but I could only do that once I am sure nothing else is there from another source).
>>
>> Is there a smarter way of achieving my goal?
>
> You could edit the list to remove directories such as
>
> usr
> usr/local
> usr/local/bin
> usr/local/include
> usr/local/lib
> usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
> usr/local/man
> usr/local/man/man1
> usr/local/man/man3
> usr/local/share
> usr/local/share/man
> usr/local/share/man/mann
>
> then use a (shell? R?) script on the list.

Indeed.  My only concern is whether these directories have been created by the R DMG installer and have *never* been used by any other program to put some Tcl/Tk related file (or not just those, especially in the ‘man’ directories!).  Hence my desire to remove the files in the list, so I can ascertain post-hoc whether the directories are empty or not (and thus remove them).

BW

--
Federico Calboli
Ecological Genetics Research Unit