[R-SIG-Mac] Adobe viewer needed?

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Aug 13 20:47:32 CEST 2015

Tim,

I fear that it must be a setting on your Mac - the default is to show the PDF in-ine in the same window (which uses the Preview engine behind the scenes). I suspect that you must have installed the Adobe plugin at some point (or some Adobe software) - OS X doesn't know anything about Adobe until you install some of their products at which point it's actually really hard to reverse the changes their installers make.