[R-SIG-Mac] Problems to install a package

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 1 07:34:52 CEST 2015

> On 31-07-2015, at 22:14, peter dalgaard <pdalgd at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hum, well, I wasn't actually planning to switch out my MB Air just now.
>>>
>>> I'm actually baffled that I haven't bumped into this before. Both my laptop and my office desktop are Core 2 Duo machines (and the latter is the one that builds the R source releases!).
>>>

>> If you use gfortran: which version?
>> If you are not using any floating point then gfortran-4.8 will probably work without problems.
>> I think.
>>

> It's 4.2.1 and 4.2.3, it seems. That's for the local builds; for the CRAN binaries, it seems that I just never tried building a package with Fortran in it. Not sure whether I have used any Fortran binaries (is there an easy way to check whether a package contains Fortran?)

But then you are still using the Snow Leopard binaries for R?
I don’t know if stuff created with the older gfortran  will run with an R built for mavericks.

Two of my packages: nleqslv and geigen. They could not compile on my previous C2D computer with gfortran-4.8.
And another one: QZ.
And there are some more.
You would also need the Mavericks binaries of R.

Berend