[R-SIG-Mac] Cannot list Bioconductor packages

Federico Calboli f.calboli at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 09:56:53 CEST 2015

Hi All,

I am using R version 3.2.0 (2015-04-16) and R.app GUI 1.65 (6931) x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0.  I am using the package installer to install and update packages.  I have the following problem:  when I try and list Bioconductor packages (binaries or source) I get the following message:

Error in as.character(tools:::.BioC_version_associated_with_R_version) :
  cannot coerce type 'closure' to vector of type 'character'

No idea what is going on or how to fix it, and in fact I have no idea whetehr this is a OS X specific issue or not (but I cannot test on a different OS).  If this *is* a OS X issue I would be grateful if someone can figure out what’s missing.

Best

Federico Calboli
f.calboli at gmail.com