[R-SIG-Mac] R CMD Check fails due to error in DESCRIPTION meta-information

Bart Aelterman bart.aelterman at inbo.be
Wed Apr 29 16:30:32 CEST 2015

I found this page describing what "checking for DESCRIPTION
meta-information" actually does. http://r-pkgs.had.co.nz/check.html
The most likely problem to me seemed the encoding.

I also found this post:
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Error-during-R-CMD-check-td4668622.html that
points to an incorrectly set locale.

I noticed RStudio gives warnings about my locale when I install packages
("tar: Failed to set default locale"). This post helped me solve that:
http://davidprakash.blogspot.be/2011/05/r-error-tar-failed-to-set-default.html

So essentially, running "defaults write org.R-project.R force.LANG
en_US.UTF-8" in my Terminal and restarting RStudio fixed the problem.

bart.aelterman at inbo.be

www.inbo.be