[R-SIG-Mac] R CMD Check fails due to error in DESCRIPTION meta-information

Bart Aelterman bart.aelterman at inbo.be
Wed Apr 29 15:52:21 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am writing a R package "fishtracking" using RStudio on mac, but checking
the package fails with the following output:

* using log directory '/path/to/my/package/fishtracking.Rcheck'
* using R version 3.2.0 (2015-04-16)
* using platform: x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0 (64-bit)
* using session charset: ASCII
* using option '--as-cran'
* checking for file 'fishtracking/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* this is package 'fishtracking' version '0.1'
* checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... NOTE
Maintainer: 'Bart Aelterman <bart.aelterman at inbo.be>'
New submission

The Title field should be in title case, current version then in title case:
'Manage Fish Tracking Data From VEMCO Telemetry'
'Manage Fish Tracking Data from VEMCO Telemetry'
* checking package namespace information ... OK
* checking package dependencies ... NOTE
  No repository set, so cyclic dependency check skipped
* checking if this is a source package ... OK
* checking if there is a namespace ... OK
* checking for executable files ... OK
* checking for hidden files and directories ... OK
* checking for portable file names ... OK
* checking for sufficient/correct file permissions ... OK
* checking whether package 'fishtracking' can be installed ... OK
* checking installed package size ... OK
* checking package directory ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... ERROR
During startup - Warning messages:
1: Setting LC_CTYPE failed, using "C"
2: Setting LC_TIME failed, using "C"
3: Setting LC_MESSAGES failed, using "C"
4: Setting LC_MONETARY failed, using "C"

As adviced by a colleague of mine, I am using the --as-cran option. When he
checks the package on Windows, no error is returned.
As noted in the output, I'm using R 3.2.0 on mac (OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks).
The output of the 00check.log is noted above. The output of 00install.out
is:

During startup - Warning messages:
1: Setting LC_CTYPE failed, using "C"
2: Setting LC_TIME failed, using "C"
3: Setting LC_MESSAGES failed, using "C"
4: Setting LC_MONETARY failed, using "C"
* installing *source* package 'fishtracking' ...
** R
** preparing package for lazy loading
** help
*** installing help indices
** building package indices
** testing if installed package can be loaded
During startup - Warning messages:
1: Setting LC_CTYPE failed, using "C"
2: Setting LC_TIME failed, using "C"
3: Setting LC_MESSAGES failed, using "C"
4: Setting LC_MONETARY failed, using "C"
* DONE (fishtracking)

The content of my DESCRIPTION file is:

Package: fishtracking
Title: Manage Fish Tracking Data From VEMCO Telemetry