[R-SIG-Mac] using package xlsx

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Apr 9 03:23:46 CEST 2015

Dennis,

there is a bug in the Oracle 1.7/1.8 Java which requires you to install Apple Java 1.6 even if you don't intend to use it, so installing Java from Oracle alone won't help - even if you re-complie rJava against 1.8 - you still have to follow the instructions and install Java from

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572

More on the bug in Oracle Java (still not fixed as of 1.8) at

There is a detailed discussion also at

https://github.com/s-u/rJava/issues/37