[R-SIG-Mac] Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libquadmath.0.dylib

Xiao He praguewatermelon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 10:18:50 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I tried to load a package which includes a shared object on one of my Macs,
and I got an error message below, which suggests that the file "
libquadmath.0.dylib" is missing in the /usr/local/lib folder. On my other
Mac however, I have no problem loading the package, and the file "
libquadmath.0.dylib" is in the /usr/local/lib folder. I wonder where this
libquadmath.0.dylib file is from, and how I can install it on the computer
where it is missing. Thanks!

library(WRScpp)
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
  unable to load shared object
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.1/Resources/library/WRScpp/libs/WRScpp.so':

dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.1/Resources/library/WRScpp/libs/WRScpp.so,
6): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libquadmath.0.dylib
  Referenced from:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.1/Resources/library/WRScpp/libs/WRScpp.so
  Reason: image not found
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘WRScpp’​