[R-SIG-Mac] Report of failure with installation of MonetDB.R

Thomas Lumley tlumley at uw.edu
Wed May 7 05:19:02 CEST 2014

The error message looks as if you need /bin on the end of the path:
it's looking for /usr/local/monetdb/mserver5 but the file is probably
/usr/local/monetdb/bin/mserver5

Personally, I start the server from the Terminal command line, per
http://www.monetdb.com/Documentation/monetdbd

First time only
/usr/local/monetdb/bin/monetdbd create ~/my-dbfarm

Subsequent times:
Before starting R
/usr/local/monetdb/bin/monetdbd start ~/my-dbfarm

After exiting R
/usr/local/monetdb/bin/monetdbd start ~/my-dbfarm

   -thomas

Thomas Lumley
Professor of Biostatistics
University of Auckland