[R-SIG-Mac] XML crash

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Jun 6 16:11:31 CEST 2014

Adrian,

are you sure you don't have the wrong binary installed? You are using Mavericks build of R so you must re-install the packages to use the Mavericks binaries. Using the proper binary it works just fine for me:

> library(XML)
> libxmlVersion()
$major
[1] "2"

$minor
[1] "09"

$patch
[1] "00"

Check the build info for the package:

> read.dcf(system.file("DESCRIPTION",package="XML"))[,"Built"]
                                                              Built
"R 3.1.0; x86_64-apple-darwin13.1.0; 2014-04-24 15:04:22 UTC; unix"

> R.version
               _
platform       x86_64-apple-darwin13.1.0